Our church belongs to the Parish of St. Maximillian Kolbe. Our school has very strong links with St. Anthony’s school who is served by the same parish. We meet regularly and for various occasions, such as feast days, RE planning times, school council meetings, sport activities, etc. We work with one another, support each other and celebrate together. Here are some examples of our home-school-parish links –
- Weekly our school plans and leads Friday Mass – with our children reading, altar serving and writing the prayers of the faithful.
- We celebrate significant feast days Masses and liturgical processions with our parish.
- Our parish choir meet together weekly, along with St. Anthony’s school children and sing regularly at Sunday Mass.
- Parishioners are invited to be prayer-sponsors for our children as they complete the important sacraments of Reconciliation, First Holy Communion and Confirmation, in partnership with the parish.
- Easter and Christmas cards are made by our children and given to parishioners attending Mass.
- We support fundraising activities that are held in the parish, for example the parish Christmas Fayre.