Our Chaplaincy Team
Year 3 Year 4 Year 5 Year 6
Be an example for the believers in your love, speech, faith, conduct and purity. (Timothy 4:12)
Our KS2 children have the opportunity to serve the school as part of the Chaplaincy Team. Anyone can apply
The Chaplaincy team play a vital role in the Spiritual life of the school and are supported by R.E. lead, Mrs Shaw
Our roles are the following:
- To help the school to be a community of faith.
- To encourage the pupils to live their faith in daily living.
- To develop good relationships within and beyond the school community.
- To support Liturgy, prayer and the spiritual life of the school.
- To continue to develop strong links with the Parish.
- To support the school in its Mission Statement.
We have lots of ideas of how we can fulfil our roles. Here are some of them:
- Help to prepare weekly Gospel Preparation assemblies.
- Help teachers by setting up the Hall for weekly Key Stage worships.
- Organise various charity fund-raising events.
- Organise and run prayer groups for the different times of the liturgical year.
- Run the ‘Virtue of the week’ – Superstar award.
- Suggest ideas for RE resources.
- Help to lead assemblies.
- Keep the entrance/hall display up to date.
- Organise and run lunchtime worship clubs to support other children with planning and preparing worships.
- Make sure RE tables in classrooms are neat and tidy.
- Make sure the ‘Virtue to live by’ is up to date in all classrooms.
- Maintain our Prayer Garden.
The following are our five top tips to help us be a successful Chaplaincy Team…
- Listen to each other’s ideas.
- Communicate with all the team members, school and parish.
- Encourage everyone when making decisions, to share their ideas and to try their best.
- Include everyone when making decisions.
- Lead by example, love everyone especially people you don’t get on with.
If you have any ideas that you wish to share with us then please let us know, we are here to listen and help!