PE and Sport Premium
What is the PE and Sport Premium?
The government is providing new, substantial primary school sport funding. The money is going directly to primary schools to be spent on improving the quality of sport and PE provision to benefit all children regardless of their sporting ability. Each school receives £8000 plus an extra £5 per pupil each year for the next two years.
What will we do with the funding?
All schools have the freedom on how to spend the sport funding they receive. At St Francis of Assisi we recognise the contribution of PE and aim to develop a balanced programme offering a variety of activities to enhance skills in physical education and beyond. Positive participation in physical education will enable children to build self-esteem, team work and positive attitudes in P.E.
We aim to:
- Develop confidence, skills, knowledge and independence
- Pursue excellence and be proud of achievements
- Educate children to improve health and wellbeing
- Provide quality opportunities for children outside of school time
- Promote fair play and respect
How is the funding spent?
At St Francis of Assisi, the PE and Sports Grant of £8,800 is allocated as follows:
* PE Sports Service SLA = £1000
* PE Curriculum = £400
* Sports Coach = £5700 (2 days, 3 after school clubs and one lunchtime session)
* Entry Fees to competitions and transport costs = £1700
Impact of previous years funding
Over the past 3 years, our school has received a total of £22,500 in PE and Sports funding, which has helped to enhanced the provision we provide.
Having previously analyzed and evaluated the schools afterschool programme we have successfully:
- improved lunch-time sports provision
- purchased new PE equipment
- funded participation in variety of matches and competitions
- increased the diversity of the after-school sports curriculum
- contributed towards extra swimming sessions for some KS2 children