Academy Council (Governance)
The St Francis of Assisi Academy Council is a sub-committee of the St Gregory the Great Trust Board.
Academy Council members have a legal duty to preserve and develop the Catholic character of the school, and a duty to monitor the schools’ statutory compliance as per the Trust’s Scheme of Delegation.
The ministry of the Foundation Governor is an important one because the preservation of the Catholic character of a school depends on committed Catholics being willing to undertake this service. Bishop Marcus is therefore very appreciative of all those who offer to assist him in this vital task; Please visit the Leeds Diocese website for more information on becoming a Foundation Governor.
In accordance with the Government’s requirements for all academy councils, the three core strategic functions of the St Francis of Assisi Academy Council are:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategies direction;
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils;
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
The full Academy Council meets four times a year, in September, January, April and July.
- RE and Catholic Life Committee
- Finance and Resources Committee
- Pupil Support Committee
- Standards Committee (Teaching and Learning)
- Pupil Admissions Committee – Marjorie Parker, Catherine Gregory, Claire Hart
GOVERNORS WITH SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Catholic Life & RE – Marjorie Parker
- Child Protection and Safeguarding – Sally Hardiman – Douglas
- Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) – Catherine Gregory
- Government Grants – (Pupil Premium (PP), PE and Sports Premium, Top Up Funding) – Vicki Misner
- Health and Safety – Marjorie Parker
- Well – being (pupil and staff) – Amar Ali
- Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) – Claire Hart
- Early Reading and Phonics – Claire Hart
- Children looked after – Sally Hardiman – Douglas
- Complaints – Sally Hardiman – Douglas
- Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) – Marjorie Parker
- Equality, Literacy, Maths, Finance, Standards – all Governors
The Trustees of the Diocese of Leeds have appointed the following persons to serve as Academy Council Members (September 2023):
Chair of Governors – Sally Hardiman – Douglas: contact details: St Francis Of Assisi Catholic Primary School, A Voluntary Academy, Lady Pit Lane, Leeds, LS11 6RX, email: email@example.com
Vice Chair of Governors – Catherine Gregory: contact details: St Francis Of Assisi Catholic Primary School, A Voluntary Academy, Lady Pit Lane, Leeds, LS11 6RX, email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Foundation Governors – Marjorie Parker, Claire Hart, Vicki Misner
Parent Governor – Amar Ali + Vacancy – Information for prospective governors
Staff Governor – Donna Daniels
Clerk to Governors – Leeds City Council Governor Service
GOVERNOR REGISTER OF INTERESTS click here
If you require copies of Academy Council meeting minutes please email email@example.com