Catholic Life at St. Francis of Assisi
At St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Primary School we believe our children really live out their motto of ‘Nothing is impossible with God’ (Luke 1:37). Our faith permeates through all we do – take a look at our faith below!
Please also visit our Mini Vinnies section of the website to see their contributions to help develop Catholic life of our school for everyone.
- Photos & Events
- Masses & Collective Worship
- Sacramental Programme
- Religious Education
- Home - School - Parish
Welcome Mass 2020
We started our new academic year with a Welcome Mass, which, unusually, took place on the school field.We were lucky with the weather, and everyone enjoyed the new and very different experience.Father Timothy Whitwell lead the Mass and commented on how beautiful it was.Many thanks to all our children, staff, parents and parishioners for helping us to start this new year in a very special way!
Father Whitwell blessed our school and class candles, for our collective worship sessions.
We had an amazing Christingle service in church. We all made Christingles as a symbol of Jesus as a light of the world. Our singing and acting was great too!
Remembrance Sunday 2019
Every child in school learnt about the meaning of Remembrance Sunday and made a poppy to remember those who have died or been injured in wars and conflicts. We decorated our church with them.
May Procession 2019
Our First Holy Communion children lead our whole school in procession to crown our lady in church. We also joined St. Anthony’s school and church for their May Procession.
Our school children who have enrolled on the Sacrament of Reconciliation Programme.
Praying the Rosary
During October and May we always pray the rosary each day. In May, we joined a national rosary day, with one million other children to pray for world peace.
Spirited Away Competition
Our school winners of the national assosication of RE teachers competition. We learnt about peace, forgiveness and the Holy Spirit.
Our church belongs to the Parish of St. Maximillian Kolbe. Our school has very strong links with St. Anthony’s school who is served by the same parish. We meet regularly and for various occasions, such as feast days, RE planning times, school council meetings, sport activities, etc. We work with one another, support each other and celebrate together. Here are some examples of our home-school-parish links –
- Weekly our school plans and leads Friday Mass – with our children reading, altar serving and writing the prayers of the faithful.
- We celebrate significant feast days Masses and liturgical processions with our parish.
- Our parish choir meet together weekly, along with St. Anthony’s school children and sing regularly at Sunday Mass.
- Parishioners are invited to be prayer-sponsors for our children as they complete the important sacraments of Reconciliation, First Holy Communion and Confirmation, in partnership with the parish.
- Easter and Christmas cards are made by our children and given to parishioners attending Mass.
- We support fundraising activities that are held in the parish, for example the parish Christmas Fayre.